Rolling Gozleme, gorgeous, yummy and friendly!
My daughter made “gozlemes” this week-end, soon enough with the leftover pastry we created our own versions filled with whatever we fancied! What a treat! Children can make their own. So invite our rolling gozlemes and create!
Make your own version
Preparation: 20 min, Cooking time 10mind.
- Natural yoghurt: 1 cup
- Salt: 1 pinch
- Self-raising flour: 2 cups
- Baby spinach: 100g
- Fetta: 200g
- Bacon: 50g cut and cooked (optional)
- Chorizo; a fwe slices (optional)
- Onion: 1 sliced and cooked (optional)
- Tomatoes or semi-dried: 50g (optional)
- Salt and pepper: 1tsp
- Olive oil: 1tbsp
- 1 lemon sliced
Let’s do it:
- In a large bowl mix together the yoghurt and salt
- Gradually add the flour and stir to form a dough.
- Knead for about 5 min on a lightly floured surface. The dough needs to be soft and slightly sticky, add some water if needed. Form a ball.
- Sprinkle flour and rest for 30 minutes in the fridge.
- Meanwhile cook your optional ingredients in a pan.
- Divide dough into 4-6 pieces. Roll each piece into a 20 cm circle or square
- Sprinkle fillings of choice over half the circle and season to taste. Do not overfill.
- Fold dough over to form and fold edges over onto themselves to seal the gozleme
- Preheat a frying pan, brush some with olive oil across. Place the gozleme and cook on medium until golden. Turn over and repeat.
- Serve with yoghurt, mint and lemon slices.