So what makes food attractive to you and your kids? Colour, smell, taste, textures? I’d love to know your take on this! This dish will have it all! We will grill the corn, cook with spices and soften the lot with avocado!
You will need a pan or saucepan with a thick bottom.
- Corn: 1 cob grilled on the barbecue or roasted in the oven
- Beans: 1 mixed x400g tin, drained
- Capsicum: 150g: chopped finely
- Tomatoes: 400g, diced salsa style.
- Onion: 1 red, chopped
- Avocado: 1 large or 2 medium ones
- Lime: juice of 1
- Olive oil: 2 tbsp
- Coriander: a few sprigs, chopped finely
- Cumin: 1tsp
- Smoked paprika: 1tsp
- Turmeric: 1 tsp
- Place onion, olive oil, capsicum and spices in the pan, stir over medium/low heat for a few minutes to soften.
- Add beans mix well, reduce heat.
- Peel the corn of the cob
- Prepare the avocado slices.
- Serve the fresh tomatoes with the warm beans, present the corn and avocado on top, sprinkle with coriander and lime juice.
Optional: poached egg or/and feta
#corn #vegetarian #beans #Glutenfree #avocado #capsicum #turmeric #smokedpaprika #cumin