Preparation: 15min, Cooking 40min
- Chicken Thighs: 4
- Onion: 1 red chopped finely
- Mushrooms: assorted, chopped in bite size
- Carrots: 200g, julienned
- Celery: 1 stick sliced served raw
- Parsley: 1 sprig chopped finely
- Tomato Passata: 250g
- White wine: 1 small glass
- Olive oil: 1 tbsp
- Polenta: 200g
- Water: 500ml
- Milk: 500ml
- Parmesan: 40g grated
- Thyme: 1 sprig
- Salt and pepper to season
- 1 baking pan: 22 x30cm, greased with olive oil
Let’s do it:
- Stir the onion in olive oil for about 3 minutes.
- Add the mushrooms and carrots, stir for another 3 minutes.
- Add the chicken, sear on all sides on medium to high heat.
- Tip the wine on high heat, and cook a further 2 minutes.
- Add the tomato sauce, reduce the heat and let simmer for 30min.
- Meanwhile bring the milk, water and thyme to the boil, salt and pepper to taste.
- Gradually add the polenta, stirring in constantly.
- Cook a further2 min.
- Pour the polenta in the pan to shape the chips.
- Let Set for at least 1/2h.
- Turn over the pan to parchment paper and cut the chips to size.
- Place back on an oven tray, sprinkle with parmesan and cook in the oven for about 10min at 200C.
Serve the chicken with the sliced celery, chopped parsley and the chips.