Skewers are quite a playful way to offer colourful and flavoursome foods. Involve your kids in making them. Watch out for the pointy bits, though.
We have a yoghurt sauce and some roasted sweet potatoes to make this a complete meal. You can also offer bread with dinner.
You will need skewers, a griddle pan or barbecue.
- Chicken: Fillets 300g, cubed (2cm x 2cm)
- Sweet Potatoes: 400g, peeled and cut in wedges
- Zucchini: 100g
- Mushrooms: 50g
- Tahini: 1 tbsp
- Yoghurt: 50g
- Lemon: 1 cut in wedges
- Cumin: 1tsp
- Turmeric: 1tsp
- Paprika smoked: 1tsp
- Mint: 1 sprig
- Corn flour: 1tbsp
Let’s do it:
- Place the sweet potatoes, paprika, and corn flower in a bowl mix until combined.
- Place in a baking dish, season and drizzle with olive oil.
- Place in the oven at 180C for 35min or until golden and cooked through.
- Reuse your bowl to combine meat, and veggies with the cumin and turmeric.
- Add a drizzle of olive.
- Prepare the skewers to your liking
- Place on the hot griddle and start cooking 5min prior to serving.
- Combine the yoghurt sauce with tahini and mint.
- Serve altogether with the lemon wedges.