La poule au pot, is a traditional french dish which deserved to be revisited. Again onepot cooking is rewarding in many ways: it cooks itself, freeing time for you to enjoy your children, it saves on dishwashing and it produces a tasty, very family oriented dish.
Gluten-free adaptable: serve without sauce poulette
BLW adaptable: cut to sizeable chunks, cook to softness.
- 1 whole chicken
- Onion and clove 1 of each
- Kale or cabbage or chinese cabbage: 200g
- Pumpkin: 300g
- Parsnip: 1, chopped
- Turnip: 1, chopped
- Potatoes:400g, cubed (you could make mash potatoes also)
- Bay leaf: 1
- Thyme: 1 sprig
- Salt, pepper to taste.
Optional sauce: 20g flour, 20g butter, pinch of nutmeg.
Preparation: 10min. Cooking:1.5h. Optional sauce 10min.
Let’s do it:
- Place the chicken in a large pot, with the onion and clove, thyme and bay leaf, salt and pepper, cover with water (1.5L), bring to the boil, simmer for 45mins.
- Add all the vegetables at once.
- Simmer a further 45mins
- Serve chicken and vegetables with optional sauce (contains gluten).
Optional sauce poulette.
- Melt butter in saucepan, add flour and nutmeg away from heat, mix well.
- Back on slow heat, start adding stock from the pot, mix continuously.
- Once you have added about 300ml of stock your ‘roux blanc’ is almost ready. Once it starts bubbling, stir for a further 3min.
Collect let over stock for cooking a risotto or making soup.
#chicken #meat #onepot #familycooking #recipe #glutenfree #BLW