When I was a teenage cook, my grandma taught me to poach fish in fish stock. This was easy enough and now I have obviously greatly improved my repertoire as I poach in coconut milk!
For babies: carrots can be cooked as sticks in the coconut milk, and then pureed or mashed or served as BLW sticks.
Same for fish, put your fingers through to check for left bones. Do not salt.
- Soba noddles
- Carrots: 200g ribboned (another 200g if you wish as sticks to cook)
- Collards greens: 300g, cut in length, thick stems discarded.
- Parsley or coriander: 3 sticks
- Coconut milk: 1 x400g
- Salmon: 3 or 4 steaks (600-800g)
- Lemon or lime: 1 zest+ 1/2 juice
- Olive oil: 2tbsp
- Season the fish to your liking. You may add spices.
- In a large pot pour the milk, the lemon juice, add the zest and bring to the boil. Add carrots if you want extra quantity.
- In the meantime, cook noodles as per instructions and steam the collards green. Keep aside.
- Fish will take around 15mn, check it is cooked: flaky and opaque.
- Check seasoning.
- Serve noodles, carrots, salmon and parsley on a plate and drizzle with olive oil.
#BLW #fish #salmon #collardgreens #coconut