Confit of duck is a typical dish where I come from…In oz it’s a bit tricky to find great quality duck, but at the supermarket you can buy already cooked legs, confit style. All that is needed is heating/grilling them in the oven for about 20mins.
So here the idea is to braise the cabbage and roast the potatoes and apples.That’s it!⠀⠀
You will need:
Love a duck: 4 legs confit⠀(collect the duck fat in the packaging).
Cabbage: 1/2 chopped finely
Apples: red delicious or choice: 2 quartered
Potatoes: 600g, cubed
Onion: 1 chopped finely
Olive oil: 1 tbsp
Mustard seeds or chilli: 1tsp
Balsamic Vinegar: 2 tbsp
Rosemary: 1 sprig
Let’s do it
- Use the duck fat to coat the potatoes and apples in an oven-proof dish, add rosemary.
- Cook at 180C for 45min.
- Meanwhile place the olive oil, onion and mustard seeds in a pot.
- Cook on medium heat to soften.
- Add the cabbage and mix well.
- Cook for about 15min to soften.
- Deglaze with vinegar.
- Cook a further 10-15min, so the cabbage is very soft.
- Set aside and keep warm.
- Place the duck in an oven-proof dish and place on the oven top rack for 20min. Turn the grill on within 10min to add colour and crispiness to the duck.
- Serve altogether with the cabbage, potatoes/apples.
- Bon appétit.