One easy way to produce tasty fish is to grill it on the bbq, or with a griddle pan. If the fish has skin, simply do 2/3 of the cooking on it.
Gluten-free (although always check commercial marinade)
BLW/baby adaptable: cook the veggies until soft, run your fingers through fish.
Preparation: 15 min. Cooking 10-15min
You will need:bbq or griddle pan
- Snapper or red emperor: 600-800g
- Quinoa: 250g cooked as per instructions (I use my rice cooker and add half a stock cube, to cook exactly like rice).
- Carrots: grated or spiralised: 200g
- Zucchinis: 2 medium sliced in half, lengthwise
- Capsicum: 1 cut finely
- Lemon: 1 juiced and slices for decoration
- Olive oil: 2 tbsp
- Marinade: tomato pesto from the shop or marinade of choice.
- Cover both sides of the fish filets with the marinade and place back in the fridge. The earlier the better.
- Toss all veggies in olive oil and lemon and refrigerate except for zucchinis.
- Place the zucchinis on the griddle or bbq, face down, make sure they cook nice and slow to produce flavoursome and soft zucchini halves.
- Place the fish on one side (on skin if there is skin), do not place directly on the flame, if barbecuing, and watch for temperature with the griddle pan. Go for taste not burn!
- The fish will take between 10-15 min depending on thickness.
- Serve altogether with lemon slices
#fish #carrots #capsicum #quinoa