Another tasty easy meal you can put together in less than half an hour! Not only is it tasty it has a nice mix of crunchiness and softness, and you can also serve it with a yoghurt sauce for added moisture. I am all in favour of using some spices in children’s dishes, paprika (smoked or mild) is an excellent choice and can be used sparingly, the idea of course is for taste appreciation to develop. Keep those hot chili peppers for your date.
Preparation 15min. Cooking 15min.
- Quality sausages of choice: 4 (lamb or merguez)
- Chickpeas: 1 tin x400g
- Israeli couscous: 250g
- Carrots: 4 or 5
- Snow peas: handful, string out
- Onion: 1 chopped finely
- Parsley: 2 sprigs chopped finely
- Paprika smoked: 1tsp
- Olive oil: 2tsbp
- butter: 1 tbsp
Let’s do it:
- Cook the sausages, onion, carrots, in a pan, gently, with 1 tbsp of olive oil and the paprika, for about 20-25min (check they are cooked with a knife). Towards the end add the snow peas to cook them bright green.
- Meanwhile, cook the Israeli couscous as per packet instructions.
- Drain and melt butter through it.
- Sprinkle parsley and serve altogether.