So I challenged mums from my FB free group @mumsupported to cook lentils this week. Many have come up with great ideas and recipes.
It’s my turn to share:
Preparation: 15min (unless you soak the lentils overnight), Cooking: 45min and less if you pre-soak.
- Lentils beluga: 250g (may be soaked overnight)
- Cauliflower:1/2, florets chopped to bitesize
- Kale: a few leaves
- Tomatoes: crushed 1x400g tin
- Onion: 1 chopped finely
- Ginger: 1tsp grated
- Garlic:2 cloves crushed
- Curry Powder mild: 2 or 3 tsp
- Coriander: a few sprigs chopped finely
- Vegetable oil: 2 tbsp
- Vegetable stock 700ml
Let’s do it:
It’s optional to roast the kale and cauliflower (you could add it to the pot of cooking lentils, 15min before serving). But I wanted these to be crunchy.
- Toss cauliflower and kale in vegetable oil and curry powder.
- Place on an oven-tray and bake for 20mins at 180C.
- Meanwhile place onion, ginger, curry powder and 1tbsp of vegetable oil in a cooking pot.
- Stir over medium heat to soften the onion and bring the flavours out.
- Add the lentils and cover with stock.
- Bring to simmer and partly cover.
- Cook until softened (between 45min and 60min)
- Add the roasted veggies and serve at once