I had a bit of duck fat left over to cook those potatoes. If you have never cooked with duck or goose fat, have a go with some potatoes! Tasty result guaranteed!
- Potatoes: 150g, sliced (kipfler a good option, no need to peel, just brush and rinse)
- Broad beans: 100g, thawed and peeled
- Lentils: brown 200g
- Cauliflower: 150g, cut in florets
- Onion: 1, chopped
- Garlic: 2 cloves crushed
- Parsley: a few sprigs, chopped
- Olive oil: 3tbsp (or some duck/goose fat also)
Preparation: 10min, Cooking: 45mins
- Place potatoes and fat of choice in a pan and cook until soften and golden over medium/low heat
- In a Different pot, put onion garlic and olive oil, and stir over low heat to soften
- Add lentils, stir for 1 min, then cover water (twice the amount of lentils)
- Bring to the boil, then reduce and let cook for about 30min.
- Add cauliflower florets, cook a further 5 mins.
- Add broad beans, and potatoes mix well until broad beans are hot.
- Serve at once.
You can grate blue cheese on top for a bit more oomph, by the way since your kids probably like vegemite, blue cheese is not that an unusual option!
You can also poach some eggs for added smoothness.
#lentils #duckfat #vegetarian