Marinara vol-au-vent is a kids’ favourite. I know it’s a bit 70’s but I have cooked it a lot, including when little guests come to our house, and I tell you it’s a winning dish of yumminess. Here we have balanced it with steamed, yet tasty cauliflower!
You will need to buy vol-au-vent from the supermarket, or puff pastry which you can shape in a muffin tin, of course you may also make your own puff-pastry, hats to you if you do!
Preparation: 15min. Cooking: 20min
4 vol-au-vent or puff-pastry
400g of quality marinara
Fish stock: 450ml
Grated parmesan: 80g
Nutmeg: 1 tsp
Wine: white 1 glass
Olive oil: 1tbsp
Onion: 1 chopped
Cauliflower: 1 large, chopped in florets
Garlic: 2 cloves crushed
Parsley: minced, a handful.
Let’s do it:
- Heat fish stock in the microwave, this will avoid lumps in the sauce.
- In one saucepan: place butter, and melt gently.
- Away from heat, add flour and mix well.
- Return to medium heat, for 2 minutes, mix well.
- Then start adding fish stock, 1/3d at a time and let thicken.
- Keep stirring, until it bubbles up and add half the cheese.
- Set aside.
- In a pan, place olive oil and onion, stir over medium heat to soften.
- Add marinara and wine, over medium to high heat, and cook for 3-4 min.
- Mix with sauce and place in vol-au-vent.
- Cover with left-over cheese.
- Place in oven at 180C for about 10mins.
- Meanwhile Steam the cauliflower.
- Mix with garlic and parley.
- Serve altogether.
#volauvent #fish #marinara #cauliflower