Do Mushrooms Rock in your home? They do in ours. WelI,I love them and I cook. I grew up picking the famous porcinis
and chanterelles, yet it took me years to really enjoy them. Now I never miss an occasion to go out and find them when I am in France.
Mushrooms are tricky for fussy eaters, but ruling them out is a pity. Mushrooms vary a great deal in appearance and taste, whilst they are usually quite chewy, almost elastic. Mushrooms can be first approached without being eaten, one may pick them in the forest, or try to grow them at home, or simply find a way to play with them.
Preparation: 10 min. Cooking: 10 min
I used this french recipe and the family loved it:
- 250 of mushrooms of choice, brushed, and sliced
- 15g butter
- 10g olive oil
- Juice of 1 lemon
- Thyme: 1 sprig
- 2 eggs, beaten
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Quality bread tartines to toast, run a peeled garlic clove over the bread (optional)
- Broccoli cut finely and steamed to bright green
Let’s do it:
- Place the mushrooms, butter, thyme, oil and cook over medium heat for 5 min.
- Add lemon juice.
- Stir well and cook for 15min, until all liquids have reduced.
- Pour egg mixture on the mushrooms and cook a further 5 min on medium heat, whilst stirring.
- Together with Broccoli serve on toasted bread