I love feeding the masses, and sometimes I like to challenge them too. So when my daughter lined up a few uni friends for dinner I told them that I would be cooking something meaty, rustic and very traditional.
They turned up and loved it
This dish is perfect for a cold winter day.
Preparation: 10 min, Cooking time 2-3hrs.
You will need: 1 large pot (containing up to 3-5 Litres)
- Beef ribs: 600-800g
- Savoy Cabbage: 1 quarter
- Potatoes: 300g, cut in half
- Carrots: 100g cut in sticks
- Onion: 1 whole with a clove punched into it
- Parsnip: 1 cut in sticks
- Turnip: 1 cut in half
- Bay leaf: 1
- Thyme Sprig: 1
- Mustard: to serve
Let’s do it:
- In a large pot place meat, and a handful of veggies, herbs and cover with water. Partly cover with a lead.
- Bring to the boil
- Reduce to simmer for 1.5 hours
- Add the rest of the vegetables at once, cook a further 45 min.-1hr, until potatoes are cooked through.
Serve at once, with mustard and french bread.