I am a big fan of one-pot pasta, which I looked into cooking years ago, it was not until I came across a beautiful book by Sabrina Fauda-Rôle, called Pasta Magic, that I really got into creating my own one-pot.
It is easy and done in-no time and a rather complete meal, as you can add loads of vegetables. For added calcium use parmesan.
Preparation:5min. Cooking time: 20min
- Fusili Pasta 250g
- Frozen peas: 100g
- Mushrooms: 50g, sliced
- Tomatoes: 200g, quartered
- Roquette or Spinach leaves: 100g
- Mozzarella: 1 50-200g
- Olive oil: 1tbsp
- Basil: a few leaves chopped
- Parmesan: to taste.
- Cold water:500ml
- Place all the ingredients in the pot.
- Add 500ml of cold water
- Bring to the boil
- Let simmer until pasta is al dente
- Serve with parmesan and basil.