One great way to produce tasty and moist fish is to cook it in between layers. Once again we have added loads of veggies and some potatoes to this dish, so you may leave the table satisfied.
Preparation:10min. Cooking: 30-40min
- Red emperor or any other thick white fish (ex monkfish):600-800g
- Fennel: 200g, sliced julienned style
- Tomatoes: 600g, sliced thinly
- Potatoes: 800g, cubed, peeled (if you wish, I don’t peel potatoes, I brush them under water).
- Thyme: 1 sprig
- Olive oil: 3 tbsp
- White wine: 1 glass
- Coat the potatoes in olive oil, season and put in the oven at 180C.
- Coat the fennel in olive oil and place it in a dish that will later contain the fish. Add to the oven.
- Stir occasionally both the potatoes and the fennel.
- After 20min the fennel should be softened.
- Bring the dish out, place the fish on top of the fennel, cover with tomatoes and thyme.
- Pour wine and return to oven.
- Depending on the thickness of the fish, it will need between 10 and 20min to cook. Fish is cooked when it is opaque.
#fish #tomatoes #fennel #prebiotic #guthealth #gutflora #gut