OMG, this is one pot of yumminess. Again a dish you can have on the champs-elysees Brasserie or a trendy eatery.
You will need pickled porc, because otherwise this dish will not work. Puy lentils on the other hand will bring an earthy, taste to an otherwise rich dish.
- Pickled Pork Belly or Ribs 800g (your butcher can pickle the meat for you, keep it in the fridge for about 3 days in this case).
- Smoked sausages 100g, optional (from your continental butcher)
- Carrots: 150g, cut in sticks
- Leak: 1 cut in sticks
- Potatoes: 600g cut in half, you don’t have to peel them.
- Lentils: 200g.
- Garlic: 1 clove
- Thyme: 1 sprig
- Bay leaf: 1
- Onion: optionnal
Let’s do it:
- In a large pot, place a handful of the vegetables, the herbs, the meat and cover with cold water (add 2 times the volume of lentils if you cook them in the same pot).
- Either cook the lentils separately or place them in a colander, in the pot. (I did this to avoid having the lentils all other the place).
- Cover, bring to boil, and let simmer for 1.5 hours (you can remove the lentils if they are cooked enough).
- Add the rest of the vegetables and optional smoked sausages and cook a further 45min, placing the colander with lentils back in the pot to reheat prior to serving.
#lentils #leeks #microbiota #gut #gutflora #guthealth