Do you slow-roast until meat comes apart? It’s the best isn’t it?
I love oven meals: once the food is in, you can just do whatever you want, like play with your kids!
BLW adaptable: Roasted veggies will be perfectly roasted and mushy. Meat if a bit too stringy at this state, but you could process it.
Preparation: 20min. Cooking: 3hrs
Pork shoulder: 600-800g
Potatoes of choice: 600g
Shallot: peeled and cut in half
Olive oil: 3tbsp
Carrots: 150g grated
Red cabbage: 200g grated
Ginger: 1tsp grated
Olive oil: 1 tbsp
Parsley: a few sprigs
Let’s do it:
- Season meat and place in a oven dish that can contain the beer.
- Place in oven at 150C at least 3hours before dinner.
- As the meat cooks slowly paste the beer over it. Turn the roast once or twice to get even colouring, paste occasionally with beer.
- Toss vegetables in olive oil and season.
- One hour before the end of cooking place vegetables in the oven.
- Whisk lemon, olive oil and ginger together, drizzle over the grated vegetables.
- Sprinkle parsley.