Can I say this tart was an absolute success? It had the right balance of savoury (pastry and cheese) and sweet (pumpkin). The family demolished it in record time. It was served, right there in the middle of the table with beans, and a tomato and cucumber salsa for everyone to dig in and work out what and how much they needed.
Preparation:20min, Cooking 30min at 180C.
You will need:
Pastry: puffed or short crust, 1-2 sheets, placed in the tin.
Butternut: 1/2 chopped and roughly peeled
Goat cheese or feta:150g
Rosemary: 1 sprig
Salad is salsa of tomatoes and cucumbers with a drizzle of olive oil.
Let’s do it:
- For it to be successful the butternut and cheese have to be nicely roasted and the tart slightly dried off in the oven.
- Place the butternut pieces and the cheese on top of the pastry
- Sprinkle the crushed rosemary.
- Drizzle some olive oil on top.
- Place in the oven for about 30-40mi, until well cooked.