Are you a risotto expert? Do you find risotto a bit daunting? Risi é bisi, is an easy version of a risotto, it creates a hearty soup that’s guaranteed to please everyone in the family! And with a name like this it sounds as yummy and promising as it is.
Vegetarian adaptable : remove ham.
Can be adapted to BLD and babies: avoid salty stock, and ham. Cook until very soft, mash if necessary.
Preparation: 10min. Cooking: 20min
- Aborio rice: 200g
- Vegetable stock or veal stock of quality: 1Lt
- Peas: fresh, frozen or tinned/drained: 200g
- Spinach: 100g
- Prosciutto: quality one 150g, chopped finely
- Onion: 1 chopped finely
- Butter: 20g
- White wine: 1 glass
- Parmesan: 30g to grate
- Parsley: sprigs chopped finely
- Salt and pepper to taste, remember stock and prosciutto are very salty..
Let’s do it
- Heat the stock, you can use the microwave.
- In a large pot: melt butter and onion until soft.
- Add prosciutto, peas and spinach and stir over medium heat for 2 mins.
- Add rice and mix well whilst increasing temperature.
- Pour over the white wine and stir a further few minutes.
- Add stock at once. That is the difference with risotto.
- Cook a further 15min.
- Serve with parmesan.