What’s your favourite quiche/tart? Do you find it super easy and quick to make? 🤔 I do because once you have mixed the eggs, milk and cheese, what your filling is does not really matter, it will already be yummy.
Here I will sweat the leek with a bit of butter and nutmeg (my favourite spice for quiches and french mashed potato) and then add salmon! So easy!
PS: Don’t forget to make extras for lunch boxes, (I made an extra leek and cheese quiche, since I had plenty of leek left over). Here download your lunchbox planner, guaranteed to make your life easier!
For four small quiches with salmon and leek: you will need:
- Frozen pastry: 2 sheets thawed.
- Eggs: 3
- Leek: half a leek, cleaned and chopped finely
- Salmon: smoked 100g cut bite-size
- Parmesan grated: 30g
- Milk: 2 glasses
- Dill: 1 stalk
- Nutmeg: 1tsp
- Butter: 15g
- Pepper to taste, note salmon is already quite salty.
If you wish to make extra mixture for extra quantity: try this ratio: 1 glass of milk, 1 egg.
Let’s do it!
- Preheat oven at 180C.
- In a pan, place butter, olive oil, leek and nutmeg, simmer for 10min on slow heat.
- Meanwhile prepare your cooking tins with cut to size pastry.
- Place salmon, and leek across the tins.
- Add cheese and pour mixture.
- Place in the oven for about 40mins.
- Serve with a salad.
#quiche #salmon #leek