Tempeh has a lovely nutty flavour with some hints of bitterness. I bought some recently at the market, it had been shallow-fried, and I loved it, so I am aiming to produce a similarly crispy, nutty experience!
So it’s interesting both in flavour and texture!
I have added some satay to marinate the tempeh and add some flavour, but it’s optional.
Preparation: 15min. Cooking: 20min
You will need a wok and a pan.
- Cauliflower: 1/4 chopped
- Snowpeas: 150g, string out
- Carrot: 1, grated
- Garlic: 1 clove
- Ginger: 1tsp
- Tempeh: 250g packet, cut in 1cm slices
- Spring onion: 1
- Coriander: 2 sprigs chopped finely
- Satay marinade, optional, 2 tbsp
- Soy sauce:2tbs
- Rice bran oil: 2 tbs
- Rice: 2 cups cooked in rice cooker
Let’s do it:
- Cover the slices of tempeh with optional marinade.
- Heat a frying pan, add 1tbsp of oil, place slices side by side.
- Cook until crispy and coloured on both sides.
- Whilst this is happening prepare your wok.
- Place ginger, garlic, cauliflower and 1 tbsp of oil, and bring the heat up, then add the snow peas and carrot. Cook at a high temperature for a few minutes.
- Add soy sauce in the wok, mix well, move away from heat.
Serve altogether with the rice and tempeh.
#snowpeas #tempeh #rice #cauliflower