Do you sometimes aim at reproducing yummy dishes you have tried when eating out?
I love to be inspired by others and Melbourne cafes are a wonderful source of ideas…After I ate a similar dish at @littlesister.brighton. I wanted to have a go and see if I could come up with something as tasty…
👨🍳I made soft Corn and zucchini waffles, roasted the sweet potatoes added turmeric to hummus and mint to yoghurt..It worked a treat…
If you do not have a waffle maker, then you can make a pancake instead.
This can also be served with a tomato salsa or relish…
Preparation: 20min, Cooking:40mins
- Zucchini: 150g grated
- Corn: 1 cob
- Sweet potatoes: 200g, cut in their length
- Hummus: 150g
- Egg: 2
- Self-raising flour: 250g
- Milk: 500ml
- Greek Yoghurt: 350g
- Olive oil: 2 tbsp
- Garlic: 1 clove, crushed
- Sesame seeds: 2tbsp
- Turmeric: 1.5 tsp
- Lemon juice: 1tbsp
- Mint: a few leaves crushed
- Garnish: optional green leaves of choice.
Let’s do it:
- In a oven-proof dish toss the potatoes in olive oil and place in the oven. In another oven proof dish roast the sesame seeds (10min). On the oven rack place the cob still in its husk. Cook for 35min at 180C, until corn is cooked and potatoes are nicely roasted.
- Meanwhile combine flour and eggs well. Slowly add milk, making sure that you mix well. Place in the fridge to rest.
- Combine turmeric and hummus, place in the fridge.
- Combine garlic, yoghurt, lemon and mint, then refrigerate.
- When the corn is ready, separate it from the cob and mix it with the grated zucchini. Keep the sweet potatoes in the turned off oven.
- Bring out the waffle mixture and add the corn and zucchini
- Heat up the waffle maker, use a mix of butter (optional) and olive oil to proof it..
- When hot pour the mixture, cook your waffles.
- Serve altogether with the hummus, the yoghurt sauce, your roasted sesame seeds and your green leaves of choice.