My grandmother used to make this for us kids, it was a favourite.
BLW adaptable: cut carrots in larger chunks, round pieces the size of a coin are best avoided with babies, carrots will be super soft, which makes it very safe. Cook without the wine, if it concerns you,
Preparation: 15min. Cooking: 1h
- Veal for braising, 600-800g (ask you butcher), the whole piece of meat is placed in your pot (it is not cut to chunks).
- Carrots, 400g, sliced
- Onion, 1 large
- Olive oil, 3Tbsp
- White wine, 1 cup
- Thyme, 1 sprig
- Bay leaf, 1
You will need a large pot or pan with a thick bottom.
Let’s do it:
- Season the meat and sear on all sides, with one Tbsp of olive oil.
- Remove the meat and place the carrots, herbs and the rest of the olive oil in the pot to sweat them for 5-10 minutes, to bring out flavours.
- Place the meat back it the dish, and bring the heat to high for 1 min, then pour the wine to deglaze. Scrape the bottom of the pot.
- Reduce heat to simmer and add 1 to 2 glasses of water to cover partly (1/3).
- Let simmer for about 1 hour.
- Serve at once with bread.
#wholesome #familydinner #familyfood #familycooking #Glutenfree #BLW