It’s great fun to involve kids in making battered fish, and it takes only a few minutes to cook. Involving your kids in cooking as early as you can is the best way to prevent fussy eating and trust me it’s a wise investment long term. As soon as your kids can cook independently you will be able to come home to a cooked meal.
Preparation: 10min, Cooking: 5min
- Fish: Flathead 600-800g
- Eggs: 2
- Flour: 40g
- Oil: Bran rice oil, 1 tbsp
- Garlic: 2 cloves crushed
- Dill: 2 sprigs, sliced finely
- Rice: 300-400g cooked in rice cooker
- Salad: of choice, here we used cucumber, capsicum and baby spinach with a filet of olive oil.
- Wish the milk and the eggs together in a bowl
- Season the fish with salt and pepper, place it in the batter.
- Put the flour on a plate.
- Pour oil on a a heated large pan.
- Coat each piece of fish with flour and place in the pan.
- Cook for about 2-3 minor each side, until golden.
- Sprinkle garlic and dill.
- Serve with rice and salad.