I love this easy to bake dish, it’s complete and can be served with a side salad.
You will need: a baking dish and a saucepan. The saucepan can be used to steam the cauliflower forets for 10min (these take longer to cook then the broccoli), then to make the béchamel sauce.
- Cauliflower florets: half a head
- Broccoli florets: 1 head
- Beans: 1 tin x400g strained
- Cheese: shredded mozarella 100g
- Flour: 50g50g
- Milk: 600ml (warmed up works super well for béchamel)
- Mustard: 1tbs
- Paprika: 1 pinch
Let’s do it:
- re-heat the oven at 200C. Steam the cauliflower for 10 mins in saucepan, then set aside
- Use the saucepan to make the béchamel: melt the butter on medium heat
- Remove from the flame and add the flour at once, mix well.
- Place back on medium heat for 1min, until a few bubbles appear.
- Pour milk in small amount until all has been added.
- Add mustard and paprika, mix well.
- As soon as bubbles appear on medium heat, remove from the heat.
- In the dish place a layer of beans, then a layer of uncooked broccoli and last a layer of pre-cooked cauliflower.
- Spread shredded cheese across.
- Pour béchamel and place in oven for 10min.
Serve with a salad. Bon appétit.