I love cooking with kids. For more beautiful pictures on our Instagram account click here.
Here I am joined by 9yo Lana, who helped to:
find wild mushrooms
break and beat the eggs
wash and cut vegetables, I taught Lana how to protect herself when cutting veggies.
season to her taste
make a colourful selection of veggies
BLW, cut carrots and other vegetables in sizeable chunks, cook to softness. you can serve omelet separately if you wish
Our ingredients for 4:
- Eggs: 8-10, beaten, seasoned and kept in the fridge.
- Zucchinis: 2 medium, cubed,
- Carrots: 2 cut into round slices,
- Capsicum red: 1 finely chopped,
- Onion: 1 chopped,
- Mushrooms of choice: 100g
- Potatoes: 200g cubed.
- Peas (optional):100g
- Olive oil: 2 tbs
- Thyme sprigs:1
- salt and pepper to taste
You will need a large, non-stick cooking pan
Let’s do it
- Cook the potatoes in 1tbs of olive oil in your large pan, with the thyme, for about 5 mins.
- Add your sliced carrots, cook for a further 10 mins
- Add the rest of your vegetables and cook another 5-10 mins on medium heat.
- Season to taste
- Check your vegetables are cooked through and set aside.
- Keep your large, non-stick pan on increased heat, add the rest of your olive oil, then pour beaten eggs at once. Reduce heat and work around with a spatula to bring the mixture back and forth to create some layering.
- Add your cooked veggies, the mixture should cover them. Cook on slow heat to set the eggs mixture.
- Place the frittata under the grill for a few minutes, to finish cooking.
- Place a large plate on top of the pan and flip it around to present your frittata.
- Serve at once.
#cookingwithkids #frittata #easy #wholesome #familydinners #familyfood #vegetarian #BLW