Would you like to cook a simple family meal that will provide everyone in the family with the nutrients they need?
Why not try this vegetarian curry? It’s easy, fast and delicious!
BLW adaptable: cut to sizeable chunks, cook to softness. Kale and spring onion require good chewing skills, so your assessment needed.
Preparation time: 10mins, Cooking time: 20mins
Ingredients for 4
- Onion, 1, peeled and chopped
- Spring onions, 2, peeled and chopped
- Cauliflower, 1/2, florets cut to bite size
- Kale or spinach, 150g chopped,
- Sweet potato, 200g
- Mushrooms of choice, 100g cut in quarters.
- Coconut milk, 400ml
- Lemon zest, 1
- Brown rice or white rice (200g) cooked
- Garlic, 2 cloves crushed
- Coriander, 1 small bunch, minced
- Spices:1 Tsp of each: mustard seeds, turmeric, cumin, mild curry.
Let’s do it
- Place onion, garlic, spices, mushroom and coconut milk in a large pot and heat up whilst stirring.
- Bring to the boil, lower heat to simmer, add sweet potato and lemon zest. Stir well.
- On a griddle pan place cauliflower and chargrill lightly.
- When potatoes are softened and a few minutes before serving add cauliflower, and kale in the pot.
- Serve when the kale is cooked bright green, add salt and pepper to taste, sprinkle chopped coriander.
#micronutrients #pickyeaters #fussyeaters #vegetables #completemeal #wholesomemeal #familycooking #onepotcooking #spicesandkdis #cauliflower #springonion #kale #coconut #mushrooms #rice