Life would be boring without spices and with your help your children can learn about them.
Don’t go extreme though, a tiny bit of hotness at a time is interesting, full-on tongue burning experience is not much fun.
Preparation 10mins. Cooking:2.5 -3hours (the longer the better).
- Pork Roast for pulled pork (pork shoulder usually) 800g. Left over meat can be used in sandwiches.
- Beer: 1 for basting
- Sweet Potatoes: 1.5kg, cut in length, like chips.
- Baby Spinach: 200g
- Cajun: 1/2 tsp (have some extra on the side for yourself if you wish)
- Polenta: 2tbsp
- Olive Oil: 2tbsp
- Butter: 20g
- Sear the meat on all sides in a large pan.
- Then place in oven dish-proof at 150C, pour the beer over the meat. Every now and then , baste with a spoon.
- Place the sweet potatoes on a tray, pour the olive, and mix to coat well.
- Mix the polenta and the cajun spice.
- Now add the mix to the chips and coat evenly.
- Place in the oven 1h before the end of cooking.
- 15mins before serving steam the spinach or cook in boiling water until bright green. Serve with butter.
- Serve with the meat and chips.
#Roast #pulledpork #wholesomemeal #ironrich