I loved making this dish recently for new mum Marie, it’s nourishing, easy to prepare, packed with omega 3s. It is very much one of those family dishes that take a few minutes to prepare and is suitable for all.
I bought hot smoked salmon steaks from the supermarket for convenience, but you can cook your own salmon steaks and place them on the noodles.
BLW adaptable: cut to sizeable chunks, cook to softness. Remove strings from snow peas. Run fingers trough fish to spot any bones before you serve.
Preparation: 10 min, Cooking: 4min
- Hot smoked salmon steaks (600g)
- Carrot: 1 ribbon sliced
- Zucchini: 1 ribbon sliced
- Snow peas: 100g, strings removed and cut in chunks
- Coriander: 1 sprig, chopped
- Lemon juice few drops
- Garlic:1 clove crushed
- Roasted sesame seed oil: 1tbs (optional addition of flaxseed oil)
- Soba noodles: 1 packet (270g).
Watercress: a few sprigs (optional)
Thai chili sauce: (optional)
Garlic sauce: (optional, sometimes sold with product)
- Place garlic, sesame seed oil, lemon juice, ribboned veggies in a large bowl and toss until coated. Cover, keep cool and aside.
- Cook noodles as per instructions, with tongues, move them to a strainer-keep hot water-, rinse them under tepid water, add a few drops of oil to keep them from turning into goo.
- Keep your water in the pot to cook the snow peas for 2 minutes until bright green.
- Place cooked noodles on plate, top with ribboned veggies, snow peas and salmon steaks.
- Sprinkle coriander, and optional watercress.
- Serve (optional sauces) at once.
Tips: You can add peas and/or feta etc to this recipe (if using feta, change oil to olive and coriander to parsley).
When young children are taught to be careful with bones in fish, they learn to spot those with their tongue, it is a skill you can teach them whilst paying attention yourself as you eat. For babies and very young kids I recommend running your fingers through fish fillets to spot and remove bones, before serving.
#salmon #noodles #familyfood #quicktoprepare #wholesome #tasty #hearty #fish #Glutenfree