Squid ink pasta adds an interesting colour to this dish, which is ready is minutes. Sure enough it is a bit fancy and you could use regular noodles, remember however colours are part of developing taste in your children.
You will need a wok.
Preparation: 10 min, cooking 15min.
- 250g Squid Ink pasta
- Eggs 4, beaten lightly
- Lemon, 1 : prepare 1tsp of zest, 2tsp of juice
- Spring onion: 1 or 2
- Garlic: 2 cloves crushed
- Zucchini, 1, sliced and quartered
- Cauliflower: 1, heads cut to bitesize
- Rice vinegar: 1.5 Tbsp
- Roasted sesame seed oil: 1.5 Tbsp
- Rice bran oil: 1 Tbsp
- Roasted sesame seeds: 1 Tbsp
- Salt and pepper to taste.
- Boil 1.5 L of water and add to wok, cook pasta as per instructions.
- Pour water and pasta through a sieve and briefly rinse pasta. Keep aside.
- Put your work back on the flame, add rice bran oil and pour beaten eggs.
- With a spatula mix well until fluffy and cooked, remove and keep aside.
- Now add sesame oil, vegetables (inc garlic), and sautéed until soft.
- Deglaze with vinegar, stir for a minute, add lemon juice and lemon zest.
- Add pasta and egg for a further minute.
- Check for seasoning.
- Serve with a sprinkle of sesame seeds.