This dish is all about flavour and simplicity. The veggies are oven baked and the fish is panfried, although you can also cook it in the oven if you cover it with baking paper and foil (papillote style for e.g).
You can prep the fish and vegetables in the turmeric and dill with olive oil up to 3 nights before and keep everything in the fridge. Once you have done so, keep the fish in a different container of course.
Preparation: 15 mins. Cooking time 30mins
You will need:
- Snapper Fillets: 600-800g
- Sweet Potatoes: 300g, cut in fine slices.
- Cauliflower: 300g, cut in florets.
- Kale: a small bunch, teared up in bite size bits
- Turmeric: 1 tbsp
- Olive oil: 4 tbsp
- Garlic: 2 cloves crushed
- Lime: 1 juiced
- Dill: 2 sprigs chopped finely
- Spring onion: 2 chopped
- Chilli: 1 cut finely (optional)
Let’s do it:
- Preheat the oven to 180C.
- In a large bowl, combine the turmeric, 3 tbsp of olive oil, lime, chilli, and half the dill together.
- Add the fish to coat then move to a plate
- Add the sweet potatoes, cauliflower and kale to coat with the mixture.
- Place the mixed veggies in the oven for about 30min.
- 10 min prior to serving, place the fish with 1 tbsp of olive oil in a pan and heat over medium to high flame.
- Cook for 5 min on on side, then turn over. Cook a further 2 minutes and check the fish is now opaque looking.
- Serve the fish together with the veggies and sprinkle the rest of the dill.