What is your best tip for making a great risotto?
This one, at my cooking level, certainly turned out to be tasty and delicious. A big plus is it is packed with cauliflower and leek.
- Aborio rice: 200g
- Prosciutto: 50g
- Cauliflower: half, chopped in florets
- Leek: 1, chopped finely
- Onion: 1, chopped finely
- Parmesan: 40g, grated
- Olive oil: 2tbsp
- Basil: 1 sprig, chopped finely
- White wine: 20cl (a small glass)
- Stock: 700ml
- Butter: 30g
Let’s do it:
- In the pan, on medium heat, place olive oil, onion, cauliflower, leek and prosciutto and cook until softened.
- Remove to set aside leaving a small amount in the pan.
- Add the rice, and mix well to coat the rice.
- Increase the heat and add the white wine at once.
- Mix well and reduce the heat.
- Add enough stock to wet the rice on high heat and reduce.
- Keep adding stock little by little making sure the pan is hot when you add it, then reduce the heat for the stock to be absorbed.
- Continue doing the same about 20mins.
- Add the vegetables and mix well.
- Keep adding stock until rice is al dente.
- Add the butter, parmesan and enough stock to give an almost soup like consistency.
- Serve at once with Basil.