I don’t recommend hiding veggies, here’s is why. However in this dish I put them through a food processor, and used them to enhance taste and texture! I served this on a bed of couscous and a side of Thaï hot sauce.
Gluten-free: use polenta instead of bread crumbs
BLW: process finely and cook well
Preparation: 10min, Cooking: 10-15min
- Chicken breast: 400-600g
- Carrots: 200g
- Spinach: 150g
- Shallots: 1
- Origano: 2 tsp
- Olive oil: 3tbsp
- Side of Thai hot sauce or tomato relish
- Bread crumb: 30g
- Cook the spinach in water with some salt: spinach is better off cooked in salted water (the salt limits the leaching of minerals, the cooking in water reduces oxalic acid, which interferes with calcium absorption).
- Drain and set aside
- In a food processor blitz 1 by 1 to your preferred texture:
- The carrots and shallots
- The chicken with origano, salt and pepper.
- The spinach.
- Blend together.
- Shape the patties and roll in breadcrumbs.
- Cook in a hot pan with olive oil.
- Serve with couscous
#chicken #patties #spinach #carrots #couscous